Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Police Open Fire On Man And His Son In Louisiana Killing 6-Year-Old Disabled Boy

Casket of 6-year-old autistic boy Jeremy Mardis
Yahoo News is reporting, a police bodycam revealed footage of Chris Few, the father of 6-year-old autistic boy, Jeremy Mardis, raising his hands in surrender in their vehicle. However, police still opened fire seriously wounding Few and killing his disabled son. Few, who remains hospitalized, missed the funeral of his son.

People are horrified and perplexed as to what transpired in this case. The police officers who opened fire, have been arrested and ordered held on $1,000,000 bonds. Derrick Stafford and Norris Greenhouse have been charged with second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder. Louisiana state police chief, Col. Mike Edmonson stated, “It’s the most disturbing thing I’ve see - and I will leave it at that.”

The Judiciary Report sends its condolences to the family and friends of little Jeremy Mardis. I am speechless at what has happened to this little boy. That poor child died an awful and preventable death. Once again, police brutality and excessive force has come into play. This level of violence being utilized by some officers against the public in America is unacceptable. Something has got to change. This cannot continue to happen. It’s well past the point where anyone can state it is a few isolated incidents. It’s become hundreds of incidents. This indicates there is a problem.


Police kill 6-year-old autistic Jeremy Mardis in Louisiana

Pallbearers carry the casket of 6-year-old Jeremy Mardis to the grave site at Beaumont Cemetery in Beaumont, Miss., 30 miles east of Hattiesburg, Monday, Nov. 9, 2015. Jeremy Mardis, a 6-year-old autistic boy, was killed and his father wounded when marshals opened fire on their vehicle in Marksville, La. on Nov. 3. Louisiana State Police announced late Friday that they had arrested the two marshals in the shooting. 

A police body camera recorded the father of a 6-year-old autistic boy with his hands up and posing no threat as police fired into his car, severely wounding the motorist and killing his son, the man's lawyer said Monday. "This was not a threatening situation for the police," said Mark Jeansonne, an attorney for Chris Few, who remained hospitalized and could not attend Monday's funeral of his son, Jeremy Mardis.

Derrick Stafford, 32, of Mansura, and Norris Greenhouse Jr., 23, of Marksville, were ordered held on $1 million bonds Monday on second-degree murder and attempted second-degree murder charges, Jeansonne said. The lawyer said he hasn't seen the video himself, but its contents were described during the hearing. Louisiana's state police chief, Col. Mike Edmonson, said Friday that "it's the most disturbing thing I've seen — and I will leave it at that."...