Monday, January 19, 2015

Famous Radio Personality DJ Funkmaster Flex Slams Rapper Jay Z For Stealing His Website And App


Jay Z

Famous DJ and radio personality, DJ Funkmaster Flex, slammed rapper Jay Z for stealing his website and app. Flex has a website popular on social networking, particularly on Twitter, where it is heavily linked and has a very noticeable web presence. The site also functions as a blog. Frequently sued, chronic copyright infringer and trademark thief, Jay Z, ripped off Flex's site and app for his own and it caught the disc jockey's attention.


DJ Funkmaster Flex

Flex slammed Jay Z for this misconduct, "I don’t care about your website, your website’s trash. You can’t move with me in this digital space. Maybe if y’all copied everything I was doing with the app, that app would’ve did better, it would’ve crashed the day your album dropped. I let you live in this town, don’t think I can’t ruin you. Because that’s a nice feather in my cap if I ruin you. Today we’re bumping heads; your site’s trash. They do this interview after I drop my app. Asking me a lot of key questions about apps. Building apps; how, why, how’d you launch it? But all of that didn’t get put in the story, though. But a lot of that information got put into that new Jay Z app"

STORY SOURCE

DJ Funkmaster Flex To Jay Z: ‘Don’t Think I Can’t Ruin You’

By Rob Markman 1/16/2015 - DJ Funkmaster Flex is famous for party-starting mixes, his old school car collection and his infamous radio rants; oh lord his radio rants. In the past, the New York native has used his platform on Hot 97 to launch attacks on 2Pac, R. Kelly and Dame Dash, and then on Thursday night the Kingpin threw stinging shots at Jay Z and his Life + Times website. 

“I don’t care about your website, your website’s trash. You can’t move with me in this digital space,” Flex said yesterday on-air. “Maybe if y’all copied everything I was doing with the app, that app would’ve did better, it would’ve crashed the day your album dropped.”...

So where did the drama start? According to Flex, he began to feel slighted after an interview with Jigga’s Life + Times a few years ago. During the interview, the site asked him about his digital endeavors, particularly his In Flex We Trust website and his Funkmaster Flex phone app. Funk believes that Hov, through an L+T reporter, swiped the idea for Flex’s phone app and used it to launch Jay-Z’s 2013 album Magna Carta… Holy Grail through Hov’s own his Samsung phone app.

“They do this interview after I drop my app. Asking me a lot of key questions about apps. Building apps; how, why, how’d you launch it? But all of that didn’t get put in the story, though. But a lot of that information got put into that new Jay Z app” he accused...