Tuesday, September 1, 2015

WWE Hall Of Fame Wrestler Jimmy Snuka Arrested For Murdering His Mistress

Domestic Violence Abuser Beat The Charges, Pardon The Pun, As District Attorney Allowed The Murderer To Go Free For Years Because Of His Fame

Jimmy Snuka in the 1980s

In the 1980s, Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka, was one of the most popular wrestlers in the WWF (now the WWE). Today he was charged with the 1983 murder of his mistress, Nancy Argentino. Snuka is being held on $100,000 bail on charges of third degree murder and involuntary manslaughter. For 32-years stories have dogged Snuka that he killed 23-year-old Argentino of Brooklyn, New York. However, due to questionable conduct from the district attorney's office, no charges were brought, in what has been a great miscarriage of justice.
Snuka, who was 40-years-old at the time of the incident, gave police and medical personal conflicting stories regarding the events surrounding her death. Snuka's excuses ranged from he pushed her and she hit her head in their hotel room, she was fooling around in the hotel room and hit her head on a chair, she fell outside a public bathroom and hit her head on concrete.

Last but not least is the far fetched claim Argentino went to use the bathroom in the bushes on the side of the highway and when Snuka hurried her along, she hopped over the bushes, fell and hit her head on the concrete. The autopsy revealed no concrete residue on Argentino's body. However, the autopsy did state the coroner found evidence consistent with domestic violence. The evidence points to the fact Snuka was a woman beater. On one occasion it led to death.

Jimmy Snuka in the 1980s

Argentino was not a wrestling fan. One day a friend took her to watch a wrestling match in New York and she began dating wrestler Hulk Hogan. Shortly after, Argentino began dating Snuka, who later labeled her in his autobiography, "My east coast girlfriend." This indicates he had other girlfriends.

Snuka treated Argentino like a groupie. He would meet up with her in hotels for sex before or after matches and refused to publicly own up to dating her, as he was having sex with other groupies and also married. He did not want any of his women knowing about each other, in conduct common among select, promiscuous famous men.

Snuka gave Argentino money to buy "fur coats, dresses and whatever else she wanted" which is why she tolerated his horribly abusive and unfaithful behavior, not realizing one day it would send her to a very early grave, after a relationship full of pain and heartbreak. Agentino's sister stated Nancy "liked nice things" and it is what kept her in a relationship with an abusive, cheating man.

Jimmy Snuka at a recent event

The Argentino family stated at first Nancy was unaware Snuka was married. However, after she found out, she continued seeing him, going from hotel to hotel with Snuka for sex after his wrestling matches. Argentino was putting up with domestic violence from Snuka in exchange for the luxury items he gave her money to purchase.

Argentino wanted to marry Snuka, as he was a famous athlete on television and beginning to earn money, but for him she was one of several women he was using for sexual gratification. It is dangerous and unethical behavior some stars engage in to this day (and it is especially risky now in the time of HIV and AIDS).

Snuka was treating Argentino very badly and there is a mountain of evidence to prove it (family witnesses, police and medical personnel statements). However, the district attorney's office ignored it in favor of letting a famous murderer walk free. Authorities in America often look the other way to crimes committed by celebrities. Sites such as TMZ regularly brag about this fact in blog posts, when it is not something to be proud of or celebrate. It indicates a two-tier justice system of corruption.

Jimmy Snuka and Nancy Argentino

A police report regarding a January 18, 1983 incident, detailed a complaint where hotel guests called the manager complaining a man was beating up a woman in an adjoining room. The manager called police and they arrived just in time to see Argentino trying to escape, as Snuka grabbed her by the hair, dragged her face along the wall and yanked her back into the hotel room, where he had been beating her up. The poor woman was being terribly abused.

Police struggled to subdue Snuka during the incident. It required, "five police officers and two police dogs to arrest him." Yet, defenseless 5'7 115-pound Argentino was having to face beatings by 225-pound 6-foot-tall Snuka on a regular basis. The beatings she sustained began to take a toll on her body.

Police and medical personnel discovered Argentino sustained, "A bruised right thumb, a contusion to the neck, possible fractured ribs and injury to the lower back." However, Argentino lied in court and stated Snuka never hit or harmed her and he beat the charges, pardon the pun. However, months later he would beat her for the last time.

Nancy Argentino

On May 10, 1983 Snucka left his hotel room to go drinking with fellow wrestlers. He told them Argentino "was not feeling well" and he was going to check on her in their room. After returning to their hotel room, Snuka called the front desk to alert them to the fact Argentino was unresponsive. She was rushed to the hospital and an hour later pronounced dead, from injuries consistent with domestic violence ("died of traumatic brain injuries consistent with a moving head striking a stationary object...").

Due to his fame, the district attorney declined to press charges against Snuka for Argentino's murder (her family later won $500,000 in a wrongful death lawsuit Snucka refused to pay citing poverty). However, after the newspaper the Morning Call conducted a thorough investigation in 2013 and ran an investigative piece on the facts surrounding the case, it caught the attention of the public and new authorities in government. After three decades, Snuka, who is now 72-years-old, is facing criminal charges.

The mere fact Snuka has been free all these years and Argentino's life was taken from her, was a great miscarriage of justice on the part of the district attorney's office. They could have made the case. However, something corrupt transpired. It was stated that in 1983 WWF owner, Vince McMahon, showed up with a brief case and made the case go away. 


Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka and the mysterious death of Nancy Argentino

June 18, 2013 - Thirty years ago, Nancy Argentino was fatally injured and rushed from the wrestling superstar's hotel room in Whitehall. No charges were filed. Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka had just walked into his Whitehall hotel room, where a beautiful young woman lay in his bed.

It wasn't unusual for Snuka, a married man, to spend the night with his girlfriend, Nancy Argentino. But on this night, after the budding wrestling superstar had returned from a series of World Wrestling Federation TV tapings at the Allentown Fairgrounds, something was amiss.

Argentino was gasping for air. Yellow fluid oozed from her mouth and nose. Snuka grabbed the room phone and frantically dialed the front desk. Paramedics rushed her to Lehigh Valley Hospital, where Snuka later stood helplessly and watched doctors try to save his girlfriend's life. About 3 a.m., Snuka dialed a number in Brooklyn, where Louise Argentino-Upham was startled awake by her mother sitting on the bed, phone pressed to her ear.

"Dead?" Caroline Argentino, Nancy's mother, cried out. "Dead?" The date was May 11, 1983. Thirty years later, Nancy Argentino's death remains unsolved. The Lehigh County district attorney's office has refused to allow the coroner to release her autopsy report over the past three decades. The document, included in a 1985 civil lawsuit, was obtained by The Morning Call from a federal archives warehouse in Philadelphia.

Argentino, 23, died of traumatic brain injuries consistent with a moving head striking a stationary object, according to the autopsy. Her injuries weren't reflective of a singular head injury, wrote Dr. Isidore Mihalakis, the nationally recognized forensic pathologist who examined the body.

Argentino suffered more than two dozen cuts and contusions — a possible sign of "mate abuse" — on her head, ear, chin, arms, hands, back, buttocks, legs and feet, Mihalakis wrote in his autopsy report. "In view of the autopsy findings and the discrepancies in the clinical history, I believe that the case should be investigated as a homicide until proven otherwise," Mihalakis wrote.

Snuka and Argentino were the only two in the hotel room that night, records say. Snuka was later named a "person of interest" by the Whitehall Township Police Department, but no criminal charges were filed. In 1985, the Argentino family won a $500,000 wrongful death lawsuit against Snuka. Claiming he was broke and couldn't afford a legal defense, Snuka never paid.

The local police investigation effectively went cold on June 1, 1983 after a follow-up interview with Snuka that was ordered by Lehigh Valley authorities and attended by WWF mogul Vince McMahon. It is still open to this day. Five months after Argentino was buried, Snuka famously soared from the top of a 15-foot steel cage and plastered "Magnificent" Don Muraco to the wrestling mat. He would go on to a Hall of Fame career that spanned five decades. For the Argentino family, closure remains elusive...