Monday, August 1, 2011

Movie Review: Captain America

Title: Captain America

Year Of Release: 2011

Review Date: July 31, 2011

Rating: PG-13

Running time: 124 minutes

Box Office Gross: $170,272,000

Site Rating: 7 out of 10 stars

"Captain America" starring Chris Evans and Tommy Lee Jones, was an entertaining film. I saw it on its opening weekend and enjoyed the movie. It was nice going to a movie theatre and not being accosted by some Hollywood weirdness on celluloid.

"Captain America" (Evans) is the marvel comic turned film, about a superhero of the same name, who possesses massive strength and speed. He starts off as a young man wanting to join the army, but is repeatedly rejected for being too small and sickly. An experiment turns him into a strong man.

Chris Evans and Richard Armitage in Captain America

Former MI5 actor, Richard Armitage, went from "Lucas North" to assassin "Heinz Kruger" successfully taking on the role of another baddie. Stanley Tucci delivered a good performance, as did Tommy Lee Jones as the film's best comic relief.

Sadly, my allergy medication kicked in near the end of the film and its main side effect, drowsiness, did as well. I briefly fell asleep in the theatre (sleeping like it was nobody's business) whilst clutching my bag for about 10-15 minutes.

I woke up to see actor Samuel L. Jackson on screen and thought the theatre had begun showing another film. I was not amused that I missed the ending. However, I hadn't. If you watch the film, you'll see what I mean.

http://www.celluloidfilmreview.com/captain-america.htm